Tuesday, May 18, 2010

That was pure awesomeness...

After 3 days off of running I took this body out for a nice 4 hour run. I left the house in shorts and a t-shirt and that was just perfect. Last week it was warm, but still chilly enough in the morning to wear arm sleeves and pack a pair of gloves just in case, of course, the sleeves always came off within minutes.

The run was pretty straight forward, home to deep cove and back along the baden powell. I didn't want to think about the route, I just wanted to run, and run I did. My legs were tired at the start but after a while they felt great which was super inspiring for this week's adventure to the Grand Canyon. I had Peter's ipod playlist dancing around in my ear and when no one was around (k, maybe a few hikers) I would bust out some air drums! I love air drumming, however, if you didn't know any better, you would think I had some sort of neurological disorder which causes my limbs to flail...

At one point, a classical song (mozart I think) came on, and momentarily, I actually started to become a ballerina. Yes, I was prancing, leaping, bounding, with my arms spread wide. It was great.

Alright, time to get packing as we leave tonight at 8:30 from Bellingham. Were flying with allegiant air and the cost of our fligt to vegas is $18 and back is $38!! I should mention as well that we are staying at a certain hotel that's famous for it's owls, at the whopping price of $20! Car rental for 3 days is $60. This will be one inexpensive trip.

See you in the trails!!!

4 comments:

Kaz said...

I LOVE to air drum too! You just can't help it when a good tune comes on and you're out running feeling good. I swear the air drumming picks up your pace and it is just the thing you need if you're feeling a bit pooped.

I was catching up on your posts as they hadn't updated on my blog and if you want to travel - we have loads of amazing ultra races here in the UK and Europe (more likely to get better weather in mainland Europe though!). Perhaps training towards a special race abroad would be a great motivator. I know that I plan to choose some special adventures over the next few years to work towards.

Good luck with the RtoR. The GC is truly amazing. I've been there hiking and was constantly overawed! Hot though!!!! And dry - we could hang our washing up overnight and despite no sun it was bone dry in the morning! looking forward to reading all about it.

Best of luck!

Kaz

Mountain Way said...

Glad to hear your recovered quickly!!

I am so jealous!! Enjoy the adventure. It will be perfect heat training for you and Pete for WS. Cant wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Leslie said...

Arrrrrgh! So envious! You are going to love, love, love it! Great heat training for your skinny, white, Canadian Ass as well. Have fun. I'll be thinking of you as a ballerina through the forest....

Leslie said...

....that was as "I" ballerina through the forest! Piroutte!