Monday, November 8, 2010

THE FLAPPER

I had once considered massage therapy as a career but after speaking with a few, many had stopped doing some of the activities that they loved because of how it would affect their hands. Now I get it...



I was totally stuck on this one boulder problem at the climbing gym and tried relentlessly (and repeatedly) to solve it. I noticed a mean callus forming on my pinky finger but just kept going. After my final attempt, I ripped this gnarly flapper and kind of freaked out a bit, like I was expecting it to start gushing blood or something. Of course, it never did and I had to sadly call it a day. Bouldering takes a lot of patience, more than I have with myself when I am playing. You have to rest and recover from each pump. I just wanted to keep doing it over and over and sometimes, you just have to surrender to the rock (or fake rock in this case). Humbled once again.

See you in the trails!

No comments: