Thursday, January 14, 2010

T-shirts and Short shorts!

This winter has been bananas!

I can remember it all too clearly. It was last Winter and I was running knee deep in snow for months on end. Yak tracks and Katoola micro spikes were plastered onto my shoes for every single run. I wore layers upon layers of clothes. Cars were buried under thick layers of snow for weeks. Every run felt like a run through Winter Wonderland. Peter and I even took a vacation to Costa Rica to escape it!

Now, our 3 local mountains were all shut down because of the lack of snow. Cypress, the host of many Olympic events, has tarps covering it's hills to prevent further snow loss. What is going on?

I won't lie and say I am not excited, because I am. I love that I can go out running and not have to worry about running through ice, slush or snow. I actually have been rocking shorts and a T-shirt. It's even too hot to wear gloves!

I don't know if this will last and I won't be sad if it doesn' because I do love running in the white fluffy snow. But we all know, white and fluffy, only turns into gray and nasty.

I'll enjoy it while I can. No complaints!

See you in the trails!

No comments: