Friday, March 18, 2011

THE GEORGIA STRAIGHT

If you happen to be walking by a copy of the Georgia Straight anytime this week, PICK IT UP!

Last week I got a call from a lady who works for the G-Straight. My name was passed on by Keith at North Shore Athletics (thanks Keith) as they were looking to talk to a female about trail running. I literally could have talked her ear off about the subject! Gail asked great questions and I had a really fun time with it. It's too bad they didn't post the picture I sent them of my leg all cut and bruised up. It was my proof that trail running is not always that glamorous! But, we do what we can right! Speaking of glamour, I should wear my hot pink gators more often!

They also spoke to Kelsey Trigg about the Knee Knacker and she is right when she says so much of trail running is about the community. We have such an amazing community of runners here on the Shore...and off the shore! The same faces (from near and far) pop up at all sorts of events and sometimes I am more motivated to do an event because I want to see this person or that person. For example, my friend Iris (Calgary) and Mel Bos (Kelowna) are coming out to run the Diez Vista 50km. Their enthusiasm/personality are infectious and little do they know, I am now pondering doing the race too!

Anywho, there are also some neat articles about climbing and alpine guiding. Check it out! Also, Savage Love, on the last page is always a funny read.

See you in the trails!

No comments: