Friday, May 22, 2009

O' Happy Day!


(I'll imagine I am hear right now, Yosemite!)

There's something about the sunshine that makes everything "all good". You can have a bad day, but at the end of it, if the sun is shining, it's all good.

I am one lucky girl right now. I am done work most mornings pretty early (though I am up and at em' hours before most people press snooze for the very 1st time), leaving the rest of the day to run, relax, cook a great meal and be merry.

It occurred to me the other day that there are a few local-ish runs happening in the next few weeks and that I should probably jump on the bandwagon and try something new. I was contemplating Scorched Soul 50km or the North Face Endurance Challenge 50 miler. I wasn't sure if I was 50 mile race ready, though I did just do one 3 weeks ago. Well, we all know that story, my first DNF at 80km during Miwok. I was definitely sore after Miwok, but I tell ya, I was 1/2 as sore after Miwok than Way Too Cool 50km back in March. Because I dropped out early and wasn't moving too quick for the 10km prior, I have lot's left in me. I'm dying to race on some gnarly technical terrain; with some steep descents. I think the North Face 50 miler will provide me with all those pleasantries. I am not going to lie, the $1000/$600/$350 (1st/2nd/3rd)cash prize sounds a little enticing as well, though that's not my main reason for doing the race. It doesn't look like a fast course and i think I have my work cut out for me. I'll make my mind up in the next few days whether or not I should do the 50miler or 50km. Besides Knee Knacker in July, I have no major competitive races coming up. So, now is the time to try out some new courses and have some fun!!!



I had the chance to use my new TRX this morning at work. I trained a good friend of mine at a local park near my house. The TRX is wicked and really versatile. You can give challenging and different workouts with it, using only one piece of equipment. When you train someone outdoors, the less equipment, the better. Especially when I get around by bike. I can imagine it would be a challenge trying to carry my bosu in one hand and steer my bike with the other!

1 comment:

Devon said...

Oh yeah do NF50 and bring home the cash!!! Yeah, you are fit, I am sure you'd kick butt.

A friend was telling me about TRX, you will have to let me know how you like it...