Sunday, May 10, 2009

Beautiful Sunday + Mother's day!

What a gorgeous day! It's officially short sleeve weather out, I love it!

Today I went out with the Knee Knacker training group. I usually hook up with these guys a few times each summer to train for the Knee Knacker in July. The group was huge! There were approximately 80 folks out to spend a few hours in the trails. I got to catch up with some friends I hadn't seen in a while. Heard stories of their latest adventures and what they have in the works this summer. My legs are still a bit sore in places after Miwok but I managed to get out for 2 hrs 15 minutes! It was simply glorious out.

The sore spots change daily. I attempted to run on Tuesday but my body was telling me to STOP, so I turned around and went back home. I ran home from a job downtown on Friday and made it an hour on the road. I had some seriously tight calves, which were the issue today as well. I had a massage last Tuesday and that was the sorest part. Biking to and from work seems to be my bodies best option at the moment. I think after a massage tomorrow, some consistent stretching and rolling, I should be good to go to put in a decent training week (of slow training).



I get to have my first crossfit session tomorrow with the CrossFit Lions in North Vancouver. Hopefully the legs will hold up and I can start adding some more strength to this body. I definitely find that through putting a lot of miles on the body and neglecting my strength training, I begin to feel weak. My push-up rep max goes from 3 down to 1 (haha)...just kidding, but lifting my body weight becomes a challenge. Upper body strength has never been my strong point to begin with but if I work at it, I make huge improvements, but I HAVE to work at it. I'm not the type who just thinks about lifting weights and immediately has huge biceps. I have never been able to do more than 1 pull-up! What I am looking for is to develop more strength and power. I think that will help my trail running and will allow me to go harder on the hills or at least run them without as much fatigue.


(I folded like a cheap tent trying to lift this kid on my back)

I just wanted to finish this blog off my saying how much I love you Mom. She lives in Powell River and spent the morning cleaning the moss off of her roof. What a woman!!!! Wish I could have been there with you, hope to see you soon!!!!

See you in the trails!

No comments: