Monday, March 15, 2010

All Signed up...

After hearing (yesterday) that the Race Director of Chuckanut Mountain 50km was re-opening registration (that sold out in 5 hours a few months back) with 25 more spots, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

I went to bed thinking about it, woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it, and even came home from work today thinking about it. The re-opening was happening at noon and I thought for sure that by the time I was off work, the spots would be filled. But, low and behold, there were still 13 available!

I first did this race 2 years ago and I had a really great time. It was a sloppy muddy year and I found it challenging. I ended up coming 4th (I think) in a time of 4:55. That was back when I used to walk most of the hills and since changing up my running style I have always wanted to go back knowing I can do better. There is a great line up of strong competitive woman so I will have lot's of people to chase! More so than anything, this will be a great chance to test out my climbing skills (tons of hills), work on tempo and leg turnover (12 miles flat gravel path) and have a great time with friends. Krissy Moehl does a great job and there is always fantastic food at the finish. The price is also very affordable ($40) and is reasonably close to home (just over the border in Bellingham, WA).

Peter is signed up as well and I am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend post-race at my family cabin at Mt. Baker. The beers and hot tub will be very well earned! We might even get up the mountain for some skiing one of the days.

On that note, I better get my butt out the door and run.

See you in the trails..

No comments: