Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trial run # 1

Although I am feeling better and better each day, my sternum is still not quite well enough to run. Today was the first time I felt a bit bummed about it. I took Monday off and managed to Hike the Grouse Grind yesterday.

Today however, I had planned to try running later in the day when I had a chunk of time. I made it about 5 minutes out the road when I realized this probably wasn't the best decision. Although it didn't hurt, I was feeling some discomfort that I thought would only make it worse for the rest of the week. I have been injured a couple times in the past year and if there was one thing I have learned, it is this: if you suspect injury, don't keep running on it until it is ultimately unbearable days and weeks down the road. Doing this will only put you behind an extra 3-4 weeks. I came home with the intention of riding my bike on my trainer but that didn't feel very good either. I think I'll have to stick to hiking and if I can wrap my head around it, some pool running.

Our weather has been so funny this week. This morning I woke up to a drizzling of wet snow and the temps have been way down. What happened to our early spring?? It's like our city is working in reverse! Olympics come, no snow, they finish, it snows...go figure! The Paralympic athletes are happy I am sure!

Have a great night, it's time for bed!!!

No comments: